The School District is accepting applications to fill the vacancy resulting from the election.
The individual selected will serve on the School Board from the date of appointment to April 2021.
We, at Warren School District #205, believe that education is a collaborative effort of home, school, and community; and that all students have the capability to learn. We believe in stimulating the students to become lifelong learners, while enhancing their life skills through the best practices of the educational setting. Students will achieve a foundation to become productive, self-reliant citizens in today’s world.
At a minimum, a candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a resident of Illinois and the District for at least one year immediately preceding the appointment
- Be a registered voter
- Not be a child sex offender
- Not hold another incompatible public office
- Not have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District
- Not be a school trustee
- Not hold certain types of prohibited State or federal employment
Applicants should show familiarity with the Board’s policies regarding general duties and responsibilities of a Board and a Board member, including fiduciary responsibilities, conflict of interest, ethics and gift ban. The Board’s policies are available at the district office and online at www.205warren.net.
Applications may be obtained at the district office or downloaded below beginning on April 25, 2019.
Completed applications may be turned in by May 10, 2019 to the District Superintendent.