The Warren PTO is consists of Teachers, Parents, and the Community working together toward a common goal of developing a better school and a better educational experience for our children. The PTO strives to create an atmosphere where teachers and our children can do their best work. Everyone is invited to get involved and attend a monthly meeting and/or volunteer to help out with any of our events and activities. It is a fun way to get involved with the children’s school and make a difference in his or her educational and social growth. You will also have the opportunity to meet other parents and teachers.
At each meeting, we discuss a variety of topics and concerns related to helping our school achieve the best it can be. We are welcoming, friendly, and share many of the same concerns as you. Meetings are held in the Board Room of the Warren School. Free babysitting is also provided in the multi- purpose room during each meeting.
Volunteering doesn’t mean a huge time commitment either. ANY help you can provide could make a BIG difference. We ask that you only volunteer for something that fits into your schedule and interest. There are also many things that can be accomplished without coming to the school or a meeting at all.
If you would like to be more involved or if you have any questions or comments, please contact a PTO board member:
Jenny Carter, President - 815-266-1571.
Kristi Leverton, Vice President - 815-541-0188
Rachel Brinkmeier, Treasurer - 815-745-2113
Andrea Linden, Secretary - 608- 778-9089
Functions of the PTO
In the past few years, we have:
- Updated the playground equipment.
- Updated and purchased new computer equipment.
- Funded fieldtrips for grade levels PreK-5th.
- Provided $50 stipends to each classroom at Warren Elementary twice school year to use toward the purchase of classroom equipment and supplies.
- Funded all or a portion of several educational assemblies.
- Helped in the purchase of additional books for the Literacy and AR programs.
- Provided funds for other various teacher requests such as new maps, globes playground balls, U.S marker boards, die cut supplies and much more!
- Provided funds for other miscellaneous requests such as post prom, educational program sponsorship, etc.
- Held various fun activities and assemblies such as the games at Pumpkinfest, Learning Fairs, Fun Fairs, Spring Dances, Easter Egg Hunts, author presentations, science/musical assemblies, and Family Reading Night.
2017-2018 Meetings and Events
- September 13th
- October 11th
- November 8th
- December 14th
- January 10th
- February 14th
- March 14th
- April 11th
- May 9th
All meetings start @ 6:30pm in the school board room.
NO babysitting provided.
- August 20th—Back-to-School Pool Party (Apple Canyon Lake Pool)
- September—Chip Shoppe Fundraiser (grades Pre-K – 2nd)**
- October 12th—4th/5th Springfield fieldtrip
- October—Trunk or Treat**
- November—Cheese Fundraiser (grades 3rd – 5th)**
- November 12th—Craft Show—9am-3pm**
- November—Family Reading Night
- December—Santa’s Workshop**
- January/February—Square 1 Art
- February—Fighting Saints
- February/March—Learning Fair
- March—Easter Egg Hunt
- May—Teacher Appreciation Celebration**
**denotes parent/family involvement is greatly appreciated**
2017 Craft Fair
The Warren PTO is now accepting applications for the 27th Annual Craft Show. All exhibitors with handcrafted items or any other product vendors are invited to apply. Please print a copy of the Application Agreement and mail to Kristi Leverton once completed (address on the Agreement) by October 20th, 2017.
Date & Time:
Sunday, November 12th, 2017
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Warren High School Gymnasium
118 W. Jefferson Street, Warren, IL
- $25.00 for an 8’ X 10’ booth
- $35.00 for an 8’ X 20’ booth
- $5 to “rent” a table (limited)
- Two chairs are provided.
- A donation of a door prize is appreciated.
- A photograph of your work or product is also appreciated along with your application if this is your first time at our show.
- Set up is from 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. on Sun, Nov 12th.
Your cancelled check is your confirmation; however, you also receive a confirmation in the mail closer to the date of the show. Once your application has been accepted there are no refunds. All decisions are final.
Ads will be placed in the Freeport/Monroe Shopping News and the Flash. This event is also listed on the events page in the Journal Standard, Galena Visitors Bureau website, & Facebook. Local radio stations will be contacted and fliers will be distributed.
There will be a food stand and bake sale during the show.
If you have any questions, please contact Kristi Leverton at 815-541-0188 via phone or email her at [email protected] .
We look forward to seeing you at the show in November!